Stephanie Bower


Stephanie Bower | Architectural Illustration: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketching Workshops: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketches: on Instagram at @stephanieabower & http://www.flickr.com/photos/83075812@N07/ | Urban Sketchers Blog Correspondent www.urbansketchers.org | Signature member of the Northwest Watercolor Society

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Waiting for Bus 21

North of the Louvre, waiting for bus 21
Last week, I met Paris Urban Sketcher Martine who kindly invited me to the Louvre--my first time ever to see that amazing museum.  Merci, Martine!

Afterward, we were both headed in the same direction, so we waited 7 or 8 minutes for bus 21 down Boulevard San Michel.  I sketched the fountain across the street in pencil, then tried watercoloring it that night in my room. 

MISTAKE--here is where I promise to post the good, the bad, and the ugly, afterall I am here to improve! This one got way overworked in paint, was much better as a simple pencil sketch.

Hopefully, you'll see me improve with practice over the next 3 month as I search for my artistic self (aren't we all searching for that?)

If you click on the image, it looks better zoomed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment