Stephanie Bower


Stephanie Bower | Architectural Illustration: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketching Workshops: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketches: on Instagram at @stephanieabower & http://www.flickr.com/photos/83075812@N07/ | Urban Sketchers Blog Correspondent www.urbansketchers.org | Signature member of the Northwest Watercolor Society

Monday, February 10, 2014

It's Official...

It's just been posted!!  Wow, I am so honored and thrilled to teach a sketching workshop at the 2014 Urban Sketchers International Symposium in Paraty, Brazil this August!!  The list of workshops and activities looks amazing...

I'll be teaching a workshop called 180 Degrees.  For me, drawing architecture is less about drawing objects and more about drawing the space we experience.  Creating 180-degree views, whether horizontal or vertical, gives sketches the dynamic feeling of being inside a space as it wraps around you or soars above your head.  And they are a really fun challenge to draw and paint!

Here are some (OK, a lot) of my favorites in the horizontal format.  Most are from my 3 months in France last summer 2013 with the Gabriel Prize fellowship, and a few are from side trips to Italy & the USk Symposium in Barcelona and to see family in Holland, plus a few others...

to see more examples of my work (since I'm relatively new to USk), please check out my architectural illustration website www.stephaniebower.com and my flickr page. Links are right below the banner at the top of this page!  See you in Brazil~~
















2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just came across your blog from Crochet Parfait. Saw the yarn bombing you spotted in Paris. Your sketches are great, especially those from Paris. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kokopelli, I just came across your comment--thanks so much for taking a look at my sketches! And isn't my friend Pam amazing with all she crochets? I've known Pam my entire life, she is one smart and creative person~~
      S

      Delete