Stephanie Bower


Stephanie Bower | Architectural Illustration: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketching Workshops: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketches: on Instagram at @stephanieabower & http://www.flickr.com/photos/83075812@N07/ | Urban Sketchers Blog Correspondent www.urbansketchers.org | Signature member of the Northwest Watercolor Society

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's the difference between a 1-pt and a 2-pt perspective?

Here is another of my favorite spreads from the new book... I love these diagrams, as I can see the ah-ha moments when people in my workshops FINALLY understand what makes a view a one-point perspective versus a two-point perspective.  It's not rocket science!  It is so easy once you know what to look for.  


Swedish Nina Johansson's glowing one point/elevation view of a small building, paired with Murray Dewhurst from New Zealand and his sketch of another small building...one is 1-pt and the other is 2-pt...depends on where the sketcher is standing!!!

Much more in the new book, Understanding Perspective.



1 comment:

  1. This is good stuff! I've ordered the book and I'm excited about having a copy to hold in my hands. Thanks in advance.
    Frank B

    ReplyDelete