Stephanie Bower


Stephanie Bower | Architectural Illustration: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketching Workshops: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketches: on Instagram at @stephanieabower & http://www.flickr.com/photos/83075812@N07/ | Urban Sketchers Blog Correspondent www.urbansketchers.org | Signature member of the Northwest Watercolor Society

Monday, August 5, 2013

More Paris Landmarks

Yesterday, the weather was beautiful. After sketching the Tour Eiffel, I walked to the Champs Élysées to see the Arc de Triomphe, which I had not yet seen.  Then it was to the Petite Palais, where I saw an exhibit of work by Felix Ziem, then stayed till late to do this sketch and paint it on site.

The Petite Palais image was good as a pencil sketch, but I don't really like what I did with the color.  It's so hard, especially at the end of a long day, and it's difficult to paint anything complex on site too.  Ah well.  I'll be working in my studio most of tomorrow, but I hope to go out and do a sketch in the afternoon.  

One week from today, I'll be on a plane for home, so I'm trying to work a lot!!

Arc de Triomphe along the Champs Elysées. Aug 4

Overworked sketch of the Petite Palais from the steps of the Grand Palais. Aug 4



No comments:

Post a Comment