Stephanie Bower


Stephanie Bower | Architectural Illustration: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketching Workshops: www.stephaniebower.com | Sketches: on Instagram at @stephanieabower & http://www.flickr.com/photos/83075812@N07/ | Urban Sketchers Blog Correspondent www.urbansketchers.org | Signature member of the Northwest Watercolor Society

Saturday, July 18, 2015

In Tokyo, on the way to Singapore at last!

My flight from LAX to Tokyo was cancelled yesterday, so I had to spend the night at a hotel by the airport...put the extra time to good use, working on the Craftsy class and my lecture for the Urban Sketchers Symposium in Singapore, but oh, I'd rather have had that day in Asia as planned!

As good luck would have it, I did get to fly in Business Class to Tokyo today...my gosh, one could really get used to that!  So much room, a nearly flat bed for the 11.5 hour trip.  The food was great too, I even sketched my snack of cold noodles and fruit.

Now in Tokyo in the American Airlines lounge, so quiet with nice big chairs, food, drinks, free wifi which is how I'm doing this post....so this is how the other half lives!  I even caught a glimpse of Jamie Lee Curtis and Christopher Guest in the AA lounge in LA this morning!  

Am starting to feel the jet lag coming on...time to head off to my Japan Airlines flight to Singapore, another 7.5 hours.

Definitely in Tokyo...this is the duty free shop, where they even have green tea Kit Kat bars!

Sketched in the dark on the plane...painted in Tokyo.

2 comments:

  1. Despite the long flights, it sounds wonderful. Was that flight to Japan on a 787? I know that plane has a sort of bed in business class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Kate, I think it was a 777 and yes, I was in business class with a pretty decent bed sort of thing. Made a huge difference to have wiggle room, I think that's why I'm not completely exhausted now in Singapore!
      Thanks for your comment and for checking out the blog!

      Delete